Thursday 25 April 2013

The Knitted Home- what yarns are used....

I recently got an email from a prospective reader asking the following;

'I'd like to buy your book but would like to know what yarns are used, where I can find them and how I can see more images of the projects before placing an order?'

And my answer was....

The yarns are a selection from Rowan, Debbie Bliss and Coats- they should be readily available near you or online. I have tried to use a variety of differently priced yarns as I'm aware how expensive some hand knit yarns are and didn't want to just make super expensive items. 
That said I think many of the yarns would be easy to swap with other makes/ fibre content if you wanted to do that and throughout the book I have tried to inspire and guide people to create their own patterns or adapt existing ones, so this may also help you change the yarn if you need to!
Regarding seeing more images I'm not sure what you've seen so far but if you look up 'The Knitted Home' on www.amazon.co.uk it has quite a good 'look inside' feature with a list of patterns as well as some images- there are also a few more on my blog so I hope that helps a bit too!    http://ruthcross.blogspot.co.uk/

Happy Knitting!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment